Tutorial for Manual Safety Series
The Reach Reduction Kit moves the trigger rearward an amazing 5 mm’s (nearly 1/4″) with the hammer in the down position and includes the following:
- New CGW ultra-comfortable 75585 trigger
- New CGW RRK “hybrid” disconnector PN: 1487T4
- Allen wrench
- Trigger pin slave pin
The Most Frequently Asked Questions on the RRK:
- Is the double-action take-up eliminated with the RRK? Essentially, yes. There is typically less than 1 mm of take-up in DA, so the DA stroke occurs almost immediately.
- Is the single-action trigger set point moved or changed? No. The SA is not affected in any way.
- Does the RRK change the way my pistol operates? No. Your pistol will work exactly like it does out of the box, nothing is affected, your manual safety and decocker will work the same.
- Is it legal for shooting sports? Yes, this product is legal for all divisions and classes, however, it is not legal for IDPA-SSP.
- Can the RRK be used with other modifications such as CGW hammer kits? Yes. The RRK-T2 must be used with either our SRS2 and is compatible with CGW performance add-on’s.
- Can you use any hammer spring with the RRK? No. Since the DA stroke is shorter and much quicker with the RRK, the minimum hammer spring recommended is 13lbs.
- Is the DA “feel” affected? Yes. The RRK noticeably shortens and quickens the DA pull stroke, reducing the DA lock time by about 15%. Also, the mechanical leverage is altered giving the impression of a lighter trigger pull and is especially pronounced with reduced power springs.
NOTE: Does not fit the Omega Series. For the Shadow 1 & 2, 85C and early model non-firing pin block 75 series, see CGW part number 75850.