Chromium Nitride (CrN) is an outstanding plating/coating for use in firearms. It is deposited using an atomic nitrogen plasma delivery system and represents the current state of the art in firearms plating. CrN is also an excellent, superior alternative to NP3+. CrN has proven to be the best choice for the following reasons:
- Very high lubricity making it self-lubricating
- Low coefficient of friction making for a smoother-running pistol
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Excellent adhesion to the base metal
- Chemical and heat resistant
What can CrN be applied to?
CrN can only be applied to metals such as carbon steel and stainless steel. It is appropriate for frames, slides, barrels, mag bodies, and control parts. It cannot be applied to aluminum, brass, or polymer.
How do I care for CrN?
CrN is very corrosion resistant but like all plated finishes, it’s best to apply a very light coat of oil to CrN for long-term storage.