Decocker Standard Package Installation Instructions
Decocker Hammer Installation
Please note the 75 series decocker CZ is the most difficult CZ to disassemble and reassemble. If you have viewed the CGW decocker website tutorials and do not feel comfortable installing a performance hammer, contact your local gunsmith or CGW.
- CGW’s installation kit for decockers, part number INST-DC contains a sear cage slave pin manufactured just for the CZ decocker sear cage. Reassembly is not possible without this slave pin or a slave pin made to the same basic size. A special 1/16” starter punch is also part of this install kit.
- New hammer pins, CGW part number: HPIN are highly recommended. Please note the CGW HPINS do not need to be staked when used with a CGW hammer.
- Reinstall the hammer strut and disconnector onto the CGW hammer. Ensure the pins are flush with the sides of the hammer body.
- Install the CGW hammer assembly followed by the sear cage.
- Reassemble the pistol including the slide assembly.
- Check the pistol for proper decocking.
- Check the pistol for proper SA and DA trigger function.
- The SA trigger pull should be significantly improved compared to the original hammer.
Short Reset System Installation
The SRS is designed for use only in firing pin block safety equipped CZ pistols. The SRS works equally well in manual safety or decocker CZ models. Once properly installed, the SA trigger reset will be reduced 40-50%. The SRS also cuts the DA trigger pull by up to 50%, depending on which hammer spring you select. For range and competition use, HS-12000 is recommended. For the ultimate in reliability/self-defense, use our blue 13# (HS-13) hammer spring.
CAUTION: The SRS will not work in the CZ Omega or Shadow, 85 Combat, or very early 75 variants.
CAUTION: The SRS will not work with the OEM firing pin.
CAUTION: All parts in the SRS kit must be used.
CAUTION: You cannot use the stock OEM 20# hammer spring with the CGW extended firing pin
NOTE: do not mix springs with OEM springs. You must use all the springs supplied in the SRS or miss-fires will occur. The parts included in each kit are listed below:
|SRS-2||SRS2075 (RAMI)||SRS-3 (SP-01 Phantom||SRS-97|
|LSpring lifter spring||LSpring lifter spring||LSpring lifter spring||LSpring lifter spring|
|FP1 extended firing pin||FP1 extended firing pin||FP1 extended firing pin||FP2 extended firing pin|
|61100 spring steel FP retaining pin||61100 spring steel FP retaining pin||61100 spring steel FP retaining pin||61100 spring steel FP retaining pin|
|RP-FPBS, reduced power firing pin block plunger spring||RP-FPBS, reduced power firing pin block plunger spring||RP-FPBS, reduced power firing pin block plunger spring||RP-FPBS, reduced power firing pin block plunger spring|
|HS-12000 (Black 11.5#)||HS152075 (Gold 15#)||HS-15 (Gold 15#)||HS-13 (Blue 13#)|
|HS-13 (Blue 13#)||14M “short” lifter arm||14M “short” lifter arm||14M “short” lifter arm|
|14M “short” lifter arm||97041 firing pin spring||97041 firing pin spring||97041 firing pin spring|
|97041 firing pin spring|
The CZ internal firing pin block safety plunger requires a minimum of 3mm’s of trigger pre-travel to fully lift the plunger for 100% reliable operation. This means the shortest in SA is limited to around 3mm’s. This distance can vary from pistol to pistol, with the most being slightly more than 3mm.
To measure the reset distance, you measure from the center of the trigger’s radius. Keep in mind, if your trigger has no over-travel stop screw, this over-travel after the trigger breaks will affect the reset distance. This additional travel is not actually part of the reset, but it can adversely affect the reset distance. The utmost in a short reset is attained with an over-travel screw in the trigger.
Contact CGW for technical support or questions by using our contact page on our website.
Or call 318-738-1464 select option 1
Modification of your firearm may void the warranty of the manufacturer. This product or any CGW product should be installed by a qualified gunsmith. No liability is expressed or implied for damage or injury as a result of improper installation or use of this or any other CGW products.